Sunday, February 21, 2010

Working Again...



Thanks to my dear friend Heather, I had my first "job" after 7 months of being home with Quinn. It lasted about one hour... perfect! I had the opportunity to accompany Heather's voice students for their winter recital on January 23rd. In reality, there was much more than an hour of work involved when you add up the many hours that it took to prepare the music. It was so fun to have a little something to focus my attention on for a few weeks. I would love to pick up more "gigs" like this, so if you know anyone in the Seattle Area who needs an accompanist, feel free to pass my name along!

My parents are always so supportive. Even though I was just the accompanist, they made the drive from Walla Walla to come and support me at the recital. I'm sure seeing Quinn was motivating as well, but whatever gets them here keeps me happy!

We left Quinn with Ryan's girlfriend, Megan (who he absolutely adores... as do we)! When we went to pick him up after the recital was over there were about four adults encircling Quinn. We couldn't help but wonder, "How many people does it take to babysit our darling son?" Apparently when any one of them left the room he'd cry a little, too. He certainly likes being the center of attention! I'm so curious to see how much of that is his personality versus age.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I look forward to more opportunities in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment