Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kira's Second Month

October 7, 2 months

Kira's second month is basically a blur, poor girl! You see, Kira's second month was the month we were packing up our apartment and moving into our house. I was keenly aware of my absentmindedness, though, and so I took thorough notes about Kira's daily developments (you know, since there is so much going on in the life of a two month old). Now, if only I could find that notebook! I've been putting off this post for far too long, confident that the notebook will unpack itself from the garage. That doesn't seem to be happening, though. If I ever find it I'll come back and edit my errors. But for now, I'll just do my best and keep it brief.

Stats: Taken one week before turning 3 months. I'm terrible at scheduling those appointments on time. Call me crazy, but something about signing up to have my child poked has a way of moving down on my priority list.

Height: 23 3/4 inches (72nd percentile)

Weight: 13.2 pounds (78th percentile)

Head Circumference: 41 centimeters (82nd percentile)

Sadly, I remember clearly that Kira hated her shots and spent the rest of the day miserable. There's no forgetting that experience.

Sleep: Kira was sleeping well at night (usually only waking once to eat), could be put down in her bassinet and would fall asleep on her own. It was dreamy (my, how things have changed).

Likes: Quinn. Kira loved to lay on her play mat and watch Quinn play with a big grin on her face. Eating. When she knew she was about to eat she was her happiest.

Dislikes: Thrush. Kira never showed signs of pain or discomfort with her thrush, but mama hated it! Tummy time. When put on her tummy Kira would just lay her head down and practically fall asleep. She didn't seem motivated to build up that neck and back strength except for when she was at the doctor’s office. Then she decided to be a real show off and lift her chest up off the table. She knew the only person who really cared about her tummy time development was her pediatrician, apparently.

Fun Fact: At two months, if Kira got upset (which was rare), we learned that the easiest way to soothe her was to simply put her down. Who would've thought? This is something I’m not sure I would have been capable of figuring out if she was my first child. Out of necessity we learned this little trick. It can be a bit depressing, but it is very convenient

And, that's about it! At least until I find the notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment