Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kira's 7th Month

Things started to really get interesting around here during Kira's 7th month.
                     
The month started out with a trip to Milton-Freewater to celebrate Delaney's first birthday!  It's so fun to imagine Kira and Delaney growing up only six months apart in age.  In no time, I suspect these two will have a lot of fun together.  My wish is that they consider each other great friends one day.

At Delaney's party we discovered Kira's love of paper.  This obsession is nothing to take lightly.  If there is paper around, Kira will find it, and she will choke.  I have finger swept her mouth multiple times due to paper ingestion.  This girl is already keeping me on my toes.
Evidence

Kira also had quite a bit of physical developments occur this month.  She perfected her army crawl, and from there developed the ability to go from her army crawl to a sitting position.  Finally, towards the end of the month she shocked us all when I found her standing in her crib after a nap one day.  She's been spending the majority of her time on her feet ever since.  

Craptastic phone pic.  Look how proud of herself she is!

 

Kira, my mom and I took a girls trip to Oklahoma City to see my dear friend Heather perform her graduate voice recital from Oklahoma City University.  The trip was everything I needed and more, and seeing the transformation that Heather has made as an artist over the past two years was breathtaking.  Her performance brought the audience to tears.  It was unforgettable.  Next time we see her it'll be on Broadway, and I can't wait!  Anyway, Kira traveled quite well, especially considering she had been quite sick that week and was getting over her first ear infection.  She got to hang out at the hotel with a complete stranger (a babysitter that Heather had arranged for us).  Apparently she slept all but about 30 of the minutes we were gone.  I don't have any pictures of Kira from this trip.


Finally, when we returned from this trip there was a rocking chair waiting for me in Kira's room.  I never had a rocker with Quinn, and up until this point hadn't used one with Kira.  What was I thinking??  It's been the single best luxury investment we've made when it comes to parenting.  Middle of the night feedings aren't nearly as painful anymore.  Speaking of, sleep patterns continued to vary for Kira this month.  There were times when she would only wake once or twice to eat, and others when she would wake every couple of hours.   I haven't done any sleep training with Kira yet.  It'll probably happen eventually, but so far we're making it work.  

 Happy 7 months, Kira!  We love you!!!





1 comment: