Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2

I am thrilled to report that Kira greeted me this morning with a gummy grin, and she seems to have recovered from her traumatic vaccination experience yesterday. Quinn and I have recovered as well!

Today I am thankful for my home. It is easy for me to get carried away with all that is left to do to turn this beautiful house into our home, but I am truly grateful each day to be living in this space. I look forward to my children riding bikes down the street and making friends with the neighbor kids, hosting dinner parties and family holidays, and watching my children meet each of their milestones here.

I am also grateful for our generous family who have helped us settle in over the past month. Pat and I haven't done any of this alone, and are so thankful to be surrounded by family who have been willing to generously sacrifice their time, money, and skills to help make this place perfect for us. Thank you!

*This photo was taken towards the end of the construction phase, and seems to be the most recent photo I have of the exterior at this time. I look forward to sharing more pictures in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment