Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 21



Today I am thankful for a decent night of SLEEP!!!

Apparently it just took a little (pseudo) public complaining about Kira's sleeping habits to get her sleeping through the night. Well, last night at least. I'll take it. And for my own personal records, I feel the need to document just how well she did. You see, Kira is our night owl. She goes to bed at midnight. In the beginning I welcomed any one-on-one time with her that I could get, and this was just easiest after Quinn went to bed. I recognize that I am to blame for her disinterest in a "normal" bedtime. The more rational side of me knows that this is not the kind of routine that I should be encouraging and so I've been slowly trying to get her to go to bed a bit earlier (quite unsuccessfully).

Enough backstory.

Last night Kira went to sleep (in her swing downstairs with me) at 8pm, right after Quinn went to sleep. She woke up around 11, ate, and then went to sleep in her bassinet in our room until 6am!! That's 7 hours straight!! And as I type this (just before 10am), she is still asleep. Good girl, Kira!

*Unfortunately, my body is so used to her being up every couple of hours that I didn't get the best sleep (engorgement=ouch), but if she can continue to be a star sleeper my body will adjust. So today, I am thankful for sleep.


*confession: I just back read a few posts and realize I have been thankful for sleep more than once and already told about Kira's night-owl behaviors. Sorry for the repetitiveness. Clearly this is my world right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment