Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6


In honor of Orphan Sunday, today I am thankful for my newest niece, Ruby June. I've only had the opportunity to spend a couple of days with her so far, but I feel like I've known her for her whole life. She has an exuberant personality, is full of energy, and her smile will melt your heart. She's also a genius! I was amazed at the amount of English she had picked up in six short weeks of being exposed to the language. She had just as much English as Quinn (probably more), and she seemed to understand everything. Like I said, genius! Thank you Zach and Emily for bringing her into our lives. We are so in love!

*Also, Kira laughed for the first time today... and I missed it! My mom gets to claim this "first". She was making silly sounds and apparently Kira thought it was pretty hilarious. My parents and Quinn were all with her, but I had stepped out of the room for a bit. :( She laughed a little for me too, (which was one of the sweetest sounds I've ever heard in my life, and yes, it made me cry), but apparently she was laughing quite a bit more when I wasn't around. You can be sure I'll be pulling out every ridiculous sound and face I possibly can until I get this milestone documented on video. We sure do love our precious little Kira Lynae!

No comments:

Post a Comment