Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4

Today I am thankful for Microsoft. For the first time in Pat's career he has a stable, full-time job. Much of his career has been spent working on contract which wasn't terrible, but we never knew where he'd be working year after year. That was beginning to wear on me more than him I think, and I can't express how relieving it is to feel a sense of security with his work (especially since I don't have a job that pays right now). I am also thankful that Pat has a job that he loves. He'd do the work that his does for free, and his coworkers are his friends. It is perfect for him right now and I'm so grateful. And finally perhaps I am most thankful that today marks the last day of their latest "sprint". The game that he is working on is officially 'one-year-out', and that milestone has come with quite a few extra hours. Starting next week we should have Pat home for dinner each evening, and Quinn won't have to go days without seeing his daddy (and mommy won't have to go days without help!). Hallelujah! There is much to be thankful for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment